How to Start a Fund
Through the Community Foundation, gifts of many sizes and for many purposes join together for the greatest good. Depending on your philanthropic priorities and your financial situation, you can direct your gift to an existing fund or create a new fund of your own. Learn more about the types of funds here.
STEP BY STEP
- Contact us and set up a meeting to talk about your interest.
- We'll help you decide what kind of fund will best help you carry out your charitable goals and talk about minimum gifts required to establish a fund. We can draft the paperwork.
- There are several ways to give to establish a fund, such as cash, appreciated stocks, or even a Qualified Charitable Distribution from your IRA.
- You select the name for the fund and we'll finalize the paperwork.
- Once the fund agreement is signed and the contribution received, the process is complete and the fund is operational.
The fund's assets will be professionally invested and managed to grow over time. Depending on the fund specifics, a portion of the investment income will be used to make grants in accordance with the fund's purpose and your intent. You may add to your fund at any time and invite your friends and family who share your interests to do the same. Thank you for your interest in making a difference close to home.