Apply for a Scholarship
Deadline for scholarships (unless otherwise noted) IS:
Monday, MARCH 1, 2021
(Application Closes at 11:59pm)
The Charlevoix County Community Foundation (C3F) offers scholarships to help area students with financial responsibilities associated with higher education. Most scholarships offered through the C3F are for graduating seniors (primarily graduating from a Charlevoix County school) as they pursue higher education, however a few opportunities exist for those in neighboring counties or for those already in a post-secondary program and continuing in a specific field of study. To see all opportunities and deadlines that apply, see the lists below. For additional descriptions and details about each scholarships eligibility requirements, follow the "Apply Now" link and then select the "Scholarship" tab on the left side. By filling out the initial application, the system will filter the scholarships that you may be eligible for, should you complete all of the requirements.
NEW Video tutorials for applicants below!
Application Process Overview
- Create an account using your name and email address (Please do NOT use your high school email address, as you will not use this email after high school graduation.)
- Fill out the entire application - all required sections must be marked "complete" (Application can be started, saved, and completed at a later date if needed.)
- Complete any additional requirements for the scholarships listed on your "dashboard"- each one will require that you "submit" separately.
You will need to update your application with your latest transcript as close to the deadline as possible.
- Scholarship recipients will be announced at your school's awards ceremony (Continuing education applicants will hear from the C3F directly.)
- Scholarships MUST be claimed by July 1st, in order to be processed in time for first college payment.
Important Note - Please be careful to submit accurate and complete applications.
NEW! Video Tutorials
The below links will open up video tutorials on different aspects of starting and completing the scholarship application. These tutorials will help students with using the scholarship application system and provide important information about the application process. View them at anytime for the best guidance about completing a scholarship application.
graduating seniors (including Early College 5th year seniors) All due March 1, 2021:
If you are an Early College Program participant, you need to apply in your fifth year, the last year of the Early College Program. Full list of scholarships available to graduating seniors.
Continuing Education (already in post-secondary school with specific deadlines, as listed):
- Medical Field: Munson Healthcare Charlevoix Hospital Staff Education Scholarship (Deadline June 30, 2021)
- Nursing Field:
Munson Healthcare Charlevoix Hospital Nursing (Deadline June 30, 2021)
Nursing Collaborative Scholarship, supported by: (Deadline June 30, 2021)
Bill and Jerry Brady Memorial Scholarship Fund
Edna Brown Nursing Scholarship Fund
Peggy Carey Northway Nursing Scholarship Fund
Award & Payment Process:
If you are awarded a scholarship, you will be asked to log back into the scholarship system (the same way that you applied) to claim your scholarship and provide any additional information needed. Scholarship checks WILL NOT be processed until you claim your scholarship online. The Community Foundation will make scholarship checks payable to the program, college, or university indicated on the follow up claim form and the check will be sent directly to the financial aid office in mid-July. Colleges will likely reflect the scholarship in student accounts in early August. The scholarship will be split between the semesters/terms and must be used for tuition only. Scholarship amounts are based on the availability of funds and are non-renewable unless otherwise indicated. If a scholarship is renewable, see below for more information.
- NOTE: Students may request a deferred payment for up to one year. This exception is made on a case-by-case basis, depending on the student’s circumstances. Please contact the Community Foundation at 231-536-2440 or email email@example.com if you need to take advantage of having your scholarship deferred. Awarded scholarships must be claimed or deferred by OCTOBER 31st or the scholarship will no longer be available.
Scholarship renewals will be managed through the scholarship system online and will need to be renewed annually. If a scholarship is renewable, the amount listed for the award in the system is the total award amount, including all renewals.
- If your scholarship is renewable, you will be contacted via email in early June the next year to prompt you to go online to complete any necessary follow ups due by July 1. Completing the follow up is how you "claim" your scholarship. All follow ups for renewals are due by July 1st, annually.
- Students must maintain eligibility to be considered for any renewal. Eligibility can vary but generally it includes that a student must maintain a 2.0 or higher GPA and is a full-time (12+ credit hours) student. For specifics, please contact the C3F.
- Renewals are also eligible for a deferral, if permission is granted. Students must communicate with C3F staff if this is needed.
- (Note: Renewal information will be emailed to the email address that was provided on your application. If there is a change in your email address, be sure to contact the C3F as soon as possible. If you think your scholarship is renewable and you have not been contacted by the C3F, please call and double check your status before July 1st.)
Questions about the application process? Talk to your high school guidance counselor or contact Mishelle Shooks at firstname.lastname@example.org.