Comparison of Donor Advised Funds and Private Foundations
If you are looking for a highly personal way of giving, without all of the guidelines, responsibilities, and costs that come along with establishing and maintaining a private foundation, then a Donor-Advised Fund at the Community Foundation is the right charitable choice for you.
Benefits of a Community Foundation Donor-Advised Fund
- Immediate charitable income tax deduction for all gifts to the fund
- An opportunity to support local, national or international qualifying organizations
- Flexibility, gifts can be accepted, and grants can be authorized, at any time
- Recognition or anonymity - you choose
- Professional staff to assist you at any time
- Knowledge and evaluation of charitable organizations
- Monitoring the progress of each grant made by the fund
- Involving the next generation, if any, or if desided, in philanthropy
- No tax record keeping, administrative burdens or excessive costs
- Professional management of investments
- Permanent fund to sustain your charitable interests after you lifetime
View our full Comparison of Private Foundations and A Community Foundation Donor-Advised Fund for more information.