we are hiring an administrative Assistant!
POSITION OPENING — Administrative Assistant
The Charlevoix County Community Foundation (C3F) seeks a warm, genuine, responsible person to join our team of five kind, committed, and supportive individuals in late summer 2023. A strong candidate will be a highly responsible and tech-savvy individual who takes pride in their close attention to detail, is self-motivated, follows through on their commitments, has strong computer and office management skills, and enjoys working with a team of caring individuals toward the common goal of strengthening our community.
Community foundations are unique to the communities they serve. Our office is located in East Jordan, a quick walk to the South Arm of Lake Charlevoix. C3F appreciates the value of work / life balance and we enjoy a flexible, positive work culture. We’ve been known to close the office to walk to Marty’s for ice cream and celebrate birthdays with lunch at the birthday-person’s favorite restaurant. As our community changes so must our Community Foundation, so we aim to be good listeners and good partners who are responsive, nimble, and creative. We like a spontaneous brainstorm and a good chart. While we are focused on intentional, incremental movement forward, we also like to dream big for this community we love.
The Charlevoix County Community Foundation (C3F) is dedicated to making a difference close to home. Our goal is to improve and enrich life in for people in Charlevoix County by growing charitable resources, making grants to support a variety of programs and projects, connecting donors with community needs, and working in partnership with others to address local issues.
Started in 1992 by a group of leaders in response to a challenge from the W. K. Kellogg Foundation, C3F has experienced vibrant growth and has immense potential to make a difference in our community. We work with donors, nonprofit partners, cities and townships, schools, and volunteers to move our community forward.
A 15-member Board of Trustees, representing all geographic areas of the county, provides guidance and oversight. Advisory committees from Beaver Island, Boyne City, Charlevoix, and East Jordan assist in identifying community needs and make grant recommendations from geographic field-of-interest funds. The Environment and Land Use Advisory Committee evaluates and makes grant recommendations related to environmental projects. The Youth Advisory Committee is made up of 16 local teens who learn about giving back to their communities by making grants to support our area’s young people.
C3F is a member of the Council of Michigan Foundations and is accredited by National Standards for U.S. Community Foundations. Regionally, C3F maintains a close working relationship with other community, family, and corporate foundations. More information about C3F is available on our website www.c3f.org.
POSITION DESCRIPTION – Administrative Assistant
General Responsibilities and Activities
The Community Foundation’s Administrative Assistant position will be a good fit for a highly responsible and tech-savvy individual who takes pride in their close attention to detail, is self-motivated, follows through on their commitments, has strong computer and office management skills, and enjoys working with a team of caring individuals toward the common goal of strengthening our community.
General Responsibilities and Activities
- Database management activities, such as creating and updating profiles for donors, partners, volunteers; using the database to produce letters, reports, and mailing lists
- Support for financial processes, such as deposits, gift entry and acknowledgement, and documentation
- Office management responsibilities, such as scheduling regular facility maintenance or improvements, supporting meetings held in the office, ordering supplies, and welcoming visitors
- Assisting with required annual compliance activities and other administrative tasks
- Collaborating with each staff member on varied projects including special events, trainings, and research
Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
- Empathetic and collaborative team member
- Flexible, able to ‘change gears’ easily
- Open-minded, curious, and trustworthy
- Self-motivated, self-directed, follows through on commitments
- Accurate and attentive to detail with strong organizational skills
- Ability to learn integrated software systems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Teams
- Previous database experience preferred but not required
- Ability to approach work with integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to generate creative ideas and implement them in the workplace
- Possessing strong verbal and relational communications skills
- Ability to reflect and learn
- Knowledge of Charlevoix County community
The Important Stuff
- Full-time position
- Ample PTO days
- Flexible and positive work environment
- Professional and comfortable office space
- Starting salary of $40,542
- Annual 401(k) contribution
- Health/Dental/Vision benefits or generous cash-in-lieu of benefits
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a cover letter and resume by Wednesday, June 21, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org. All information submitted will remain confidential. All inquiries should be directed to the email address listed.
Submissions will be acknowledged promptly by email. You may be asked to complete a short application online using a link.
Following the application deadline, all staff will read the cover letters, resumes, and applications to determine best fit for the position using an evaluation tool designed around the position description. The top 3 – 5 candidates will be asked to interview the week of July 10, 2023.
Interviews will be in person with five staff members and will last about 1 hour. Interviews will be held at the Charlevoix County Community Foundation’s office in East Jordan. Interview questions will be provided ahead of time by email. If necessary, we will ask the top candidates to join us for a second interview scheduled for the week of July 17, 2023. Final candidates will be asked to provide a list of three references.
At each stage of the process, we will notify all candidates in a timely manner when we have decided not to move further with their application.
The proposed starting date for the position is late August 2023 or sooner.